Friday, October 07, 2005

Down for the Count

So, bought some corn on the side of the road and then went to a Carepoint and ate some pop (mealie meal, corn stuff) and beans. Well about 7 hours later the puking began and it didn’t stop for 7 hours. Then I could get anything down for another 20 hours until finally some Sprite and Gatorade stayed down. It kind of sucked but I almost feel that it was an African experience for this Mulungu(white guy). I’m starting to feel better now and am glad that the experience is behind me. My lesson learned is to be more careful in the hygiene and health areas.

Today marks the day I’m getting my car here in Swaziland. This will give me some freedom which will help me to sort of get on with it. I’ll be able to start working more instead of just learning from Ben and Beano.

So I’ve realized that I really need to sit down and start learning Siswati. Before the illness I was starting to make some progress and hopefully I’ll stick with it now that I’m back to health.

6 comments:

danohlerking said...

so why is it that corn always gets in a vomit discussion?

Anonymous said...

Hey this is a test because Dad doesn't get it.

Anonymous said...

Yo Mulungu-Dad here and this is not a test. We can do this comment thing-yeah! Glad to hear you are feeling better. LSU 3-1 Saints 2-3 and Haslett's job is on the line. Lost to the Cheeseheads 52-3 Ugh. Peace Out!

The Youngs said...

Hey man this is charles young in baton rouge i was wondering how to write to you and then my lovley wife intrduced me to the blog dill. Im fired up that every thing is going good cant wait to get there. I read abut your new girlfriend doodoo, yeah baby. Just make sure you dont hug to long. If you do then you can be called poopoo. Well man send me and kristen some pictures. Hope you keep getting streatched by God and stay in touch. love yall charles

Anonymous said...

oh pat...
the rules are:
don't put your hands on your face.
don't eat the suspicious stuff even if ben and beano do eat it.
susan's stuff is safe. and good.
now you know.
sorry...

The Youngs said...

hey man this is charles. Glad to hear from you, hope all is well over there. I dont know when you wrote are if yall feed the kids yet are not but we will diffently be praying for the food. we gotta have the food. Me and kristen are starting to go to a few diffrent churches for support so hope it goes well. Well man stay in touch.