Saturday, April 01, 2006

Heavy Heart

I have a heavy heart. One of our volunteers, Dudu, passed away the other day. This is a lady I worked with at camp and christmas parties. She had a huge heart for children and serving God. A victim in this crazy AIDS pandemic...I thought she was getting better...I was wrong. I was really shocked to hear the news of a person I had seen and helped so often ultimately pass from this life. We had found her when she was sick, brought her strength building foods, taken her to the clinic, taken her to the hospital, arranged a room for her once she got out of the hospital, taken her books to keep her occupied, prayed with her and for her.....and she passed away. I can't say I understand, but I know God's purposes will prevail. She seemed to be getting better, taking ARVs and moving forward and then all of a sudden she left us. I thought she still had work to do for the kingdom...somehow through this God is building his kingdom...somehow God has a plan. Pray for her family, friends, the Cup staff & volunteers as we are in a time of grief. I trust God, I know his perspective is bigger than mine, I feel his strength and comfort but I'm still searching for answers on what the way forward is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 41 1-3

Blessed are those who has regard for the weak;
the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
The Lord will protect him and preserve his life;
he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
The Lord will sustain him on the sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.

danohlerking said...

i don't have anything to add - no way to make it better or easier.

but i do want to thank you for your heart and your authenticity. God's got some incredible things in store for those who will serve Him with a heart like yours.

thanks patrick.

Colleen said...

I happened upon your blog while looking at Dan Ohlerking's. This post really hit me hard and I admire your honesty. There are some mysteries that we will never grasp but the certainty that you have of God's purpose is truly awesome (see Romans 4:20-21).

I just encourage you to keep seeking Him; and though He may not give you the answers, He will guide you.

We are praying for you all!