Thursday, January 31, 2008

Youth Leaders Retreat

K, Sorry for the lack of updates. Two weeks ago I hosted a youth leaders retreat. It was an awesome time away with 13 of the youth leaders we have at the CarePoints. We spent the night at the Youth with a Mission house.


The retreat was all about laying the foundation with this first group of leaders. It’s awesome to see the energy and enthusiasm of the young people and young leaders. We talked about studying the bible, their identity in Christ and servant leadership. As much as the stuff we talked about was important it was also important for me to establish deeper relationships with these young people. God’s been reminding me a lot how important relationships are and so I made it an emphasis that we had fun together and share some of who we are with one another.


This is a capable group of leaders, pray that we can establish something great, something that changes lives, something that honors God!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome pat! Keep reaching out to those around man. I don't know many people who are capable of having an impact in someone's life right away like you are. God bless you buddy!!

Carole Turner said...

Very cool.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome, Patrick! Your passion and dedication to God and His heart for missions! Keep rocking it hardcore for Jesus! Love ya, man!

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty cool.

p.s. i like the attitude of the kid wearing his hat sideways & giving the peace sign. you can just tell he's got spunk.

-brittany barbera

Sarah Head said...

awesome. those kids are so beautiful!

Jessa Bo said...

It's sounds like you had a good youth retreat!

I love seeing these kids! Can't wait until they're all my youth group as well ;)

Last time I check I'm 42% raised...then I got this email from June yesterday (I love emails from June!) and I got some more mula coming in...yeah!

Praying for all you guys!