Monday, May 26, 2008

Mountain Biking




Had an awesome experience this past Saturday. Jordan and I went out to Mlilwane Game Park for some mountain biking. I just brought Jordan's sweet bike from the United States and I was able to borrow a friend's bike.

What an amazing setting for mountain biking! Jordan an I were chugging up a hill only to see a herd of Wildabeast running across the trail. A bit later we came across a herd of Zebras who were content to just look at us as we passed by them. Finally Jordan and I spent over an hour climbing a mountain. Oxygen deprived we looked out in amazement at how far we came and how beautiful Swaziland is! Then the fun began, Jordan and I raced down the mountain on some single track. Narrowly missing rocks, stumps and trees we made it down the mountain in an exhilarating 10 minutes. One fall each and no real wounds between us I can safely say, we had an awesome day...then that night we were able to sing, play, dance and pray with the youth of Makholweni!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick, Thank you for posting info about your trip. I loved seeing Jordan on his bike! He rarely posts so I look for info on everyone elses blogs. I am so happy he has you over there to team up with. What a blessing!
Love, The Momma (Holly)

Anonymous said...

That looks so awesome!!

Where's the pics of your sweet bike tan? I want to see a nice perfect line on those biceps..

Steve said...

Pat,

Glad to see the bike is getting good use. Looks like it was a wild fun ride.

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick, this is Alisa, Jordan's sister. Just like my mom I follow your sites (Jordan doesn't keep up with the blogging thing :) Thanks for posting the pictures...thats such an awesome thing to be doing what you guys are doing over there and being in Swaziland! We miss him but I know he loves it over there and I know he really appreciates you...the bachelors in the bachelor pad :) Maybe I'll make it over there soemday and see everything for myself :)