Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sheep

So I was sitting in Pastor Ron's class the other day and we were talking about sheep. God tells us that we are his sheep and he is our Sheppard.

I was then thinking, what if we really grasp this. What if we truly understood that we are sheep.

I wrote down a couple of thoughts...sheep are dumb, sheep belong to a flock, sheep need guidance, sheep need protection, sheep are lost without a Sheppard...hmm, what if we grasp that we really do not have any idea, that we are lost without God, that we are dumb and need guidance. The world can tell us that we know everything, that we have it all together, that we have it all figured out yet God still tells us we are sheep. I think some of the key to believing this is living life. Our best intentions can never bring us true success, the kind that lasts and fills up the depth of your soul. We are sheep...in a way it kind of sucks, we're stupid but in a way it is amazing, it frees us to surrender to the loving hand of our Sheppard. It frees us of having to figure it all out, honestly it kind of frees of the burden that it all depends on us...it reduces life to this...yes I will follow or no I will not...yes I will trust or no I will not...I'm a sheep, I'm dumb and go my own way some times but in my heart I say yes I will follow

3 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

baaaaa

sounds like some good learning going on in ron's class.

Anonymous said...

hello

You know one very important thing about sheep is that they can HEAR and they KNOW.They know their shepherd and His voice and have the ability to hear Him Being dumb is one thing but its important not to be deaf and dumb and after hearing to follow His leading my prayer is to be able always to turn down the noise in and around me and be still and know Him

Anonymous said...

All sheep have a tendency to congregate close to other members of a flock, and can become stressed when separated from their flock. Definitely prime example of the Christian