Friday, November 28, 2008

What are you living under?

I’ve found out lately that I can often live oblivious to the battle going on around me and in me. People often live under oppression or under attacks and do not even realize it. Today I prayed a simple prayer. I prayed that the spirit of apathy, depression and heaviness to leave in the name of Jesus…yeah, it even sounded a bit weird coming out of my mouth. The crazy truth of it is that after I prayed that I feel a joy that I’ve not experienced in weeks. God tells us that we are in a warzone…yet I often live in such ignorance. To be truly free, to be live as we are intended to live. Do we assume that our depression, our anxiety, our anger, our lust, our discouragement, our fear is normal? Do we live wrapped up in unnecessary chains, de we often live under attack and think everything is normal. No more, no more, no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. We do get used to things that we do not have to. My pastor says that we have become too accustomed to the dead that we have become uncomfortable with what is alive. He has been challenging us lately to get rid of all the dead things in our lives (things not of God) and to become used to what is alive again.

Anonymous said...

Its funny I read this blog earlier and thought hmm ok I get it I guess, well today it got ME Today was a normal Sunday church was good nothing was wrong on the surface but a whole lot was wrong with me and it suprised me why would I be feeling so upset and despondent I was almost physically ill. Then I checked the blog to see if there was any new scoops and I read this portion again .. the lights went on !