Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Parents trip...continued...sorry took so long

Long time gone…it is getting harder and harder to blog these days because I have my hand in so many different baskets as opportunities have really opened up and exploded for me to get involved in different projects, initiatives and the like. Like right now I am involved in setting up a Candlelight memorial, a children’s prayer day for the city of Manzini & a 7 aside soccer tournament for the youth of Mbabane. This is in addition to all of the other stuff going on with Children’s Cup. It is quite crazy and thus I don’t have much time to sit down & write. This is not for lack of topics or stories but truly a time crunch.

So to finish up on my parent’s story that I started awhile ago. They came and we had a good time going around Swaziland and Mozambique. They got to see where our new church/Carepoint project is going on in Mozambique. It was a great time for them to see the beginnings of a project and hopefully I can keep them and y’all the huge audience that reads my blogs (not really) updated on it. When they saw it consisted of just a piece of land (mostly sand) with a container and two trees on it. I’ll update next week at what is there now. We then were able to visit some of the Carepoints in Swaziland where my mom did some arts & crafts with the children at two of our pre-schools. Those children will remember that day very fondly and it has encouraged our teachers to really explore the use of art in their classrooms. It is cool to see the creativity my mom initiated in the teachers.

Another morning my parents and I went up to one of the government hospitals in Manzini. We had a small ceremony where my mom donated the curtains she has been working on to the hospital administrator, head matron and the head nurse of the children’s ward. It was cool to see…in a couple of weeks I’ll show you more of a before and after of the children’s ward…still working on getting all those curtains up. My parents got to see my life over here which was important to me. I don’t know but somehow I was struggling a bit or in a funk before they came but now I’m on fire again for what God has me doing over here. I think it involves getting back to that place where I’m at Jesus’ feet.

My parents are cool, they are what I consider home, they have blessed me immensely in my 22 years. Shout out to Dad & Mom for raising me right and loving me lots. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we did everything right, but you sure turned out good. We'll give the praise to God. He knew the plans He had/has for you and He's accomplishing them!
We love you,
Mom and Dad