Thursday, July 05, 2007

SUBMERGE 07'

Had an awesome opportunity to help out at Submerge, an HPC run summer camp in Destin, FL. There were over 500 youth at the High School camp and I think close to 500 at the Jr. High camp which took place during the first half of last week.


Anyways, Submerge was awesome! I had 6 high school guys in my group and two other leaders...Carlos & DJ. God rocked all of us and I believe that we all went away changed. My prayer needs to be that these guys and myself all carry the passion, the conviction and the transformation that God dropped in our lives forward as we go back to our schools, places of work, families and friends.

God has recently challenged me to stay focused. God wants us to choose life (Deutronomy 30:19) and His Spirit has consistently urged me that to do this I need to have focus. My life needs to be intentional, focused on the eternal, organized (ahh, much work needed) and I need to abide in Jesus. You see, my concerns and my problems get so big when I fail to step back in order to focus my life. I need to see with an eternal perspective in order to walk with an eternal purpose. From this point forward, I challenge myself to live an intentional life, not just think about it but truly live it!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

YEAH, PATRICK! Man, it was soo awesome being in your room, and I think that God put me there for a reason, 'cause like I told you, I want to one day go on the mission field to Africa. So that was just so incredible to me that God put us in the same room! Thanks, man, and you were an awesome leader!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping out Patrick. And thaks for putting up with my Crazy brother (just kidding actually Jamie's pretty cool but don't tell him I said that)