Friday, January 09, 2009

Investing in People

I've been realizing lately that I am kind of hands off with people. I kind of do my own thing and let other people do there own thing. I'm beginning to realize that I can function ok but often I need to get more involved with the lives, struggles, questions of people around me. Currently in a couple different scenarios I am invested in peoples lives...in their issues. It's a worthwhile place to be even if I don't exactly enjoy the messiness of it. It is actually the place I need to be if I really want to be an agent of change and vessel of transformation. That's why I am in Africa right? Well I'm learning that its in all relationships that I need to dive in. I need to dive in to the reality instead of being comfortable with the superficial. Pray for me in this...I'm returning to a place that I long to a step away from. Being invested means being hurt but it also means so much more. Pray for me to have courage in this area.

Love y'all who read...hoping to do a much better job in 2009 than I did the last half of 2008.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks for sharing that. I have realized I am like that too. I want this year to really be different! :)

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to select a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]