Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Been Thinking...

Lately I have had some time to think and take life in. It has been good. Slowing down has reminded me of the faithfulness of God. I've been a bit sick the past 6 weeks as has a bunch of the Children's Cup staff. Two weeks ago I got on a Mountain Bike and I headed out to Mlilwane Nature Reserve. I found an amazing spot to ride on the crest between three mountain peaks. It is far removed from the rest of the park where people, cars and even animals congregate. God spoke to me, he spoke to the deep parts of me. God reminded me that indeed He, God...Creator...Maker, loves me deeply. I've been praying for the past 10 months that God would wake up my heart. That I'd live fully alive. Something broke that day on the mountain. Yeah I've been on and off sick the last two weeks but a heaviness is gone. Life seems to contain such possibility again. I am awake to the Glory of God that truly does fill the earth.

I don't want to play Christianity, I don't want to play church...I don't want to just survive, I don't want to live fearfully (oh and without knowing it we are all living in some kind of fear that holds us back)...I want ZOE!! Yeah that's not some hot and awesome girl that I've found. ZOE in Greek stands for Life, Life as God has life...full life, joyful, on mission, you know that thing Thoreau talked about, the marrow...yeah that's what I am after.

to be continued...

No comments: