Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Open Spaces

What to say... I've been hearing, learning, listening to a lot of good stuff lately. Truth like the importance of accountability, the vastness of God's ability, the power in God's grace, the beauty of God, the joy that is waiting on our faith, and so much more. Good stuff, need to apply it to my life. I'm hoping to take a little trip away next month to dive deep into what God has been whispering to me. I've got to get away, not sure why but feeling a bit run down...dare I say suffocated in Swaziland the past couple months.

I've been here for three years, its weird to think. I think I've accumulated pain from seeing people come and go, come and go that inside I'm just feeling a bit done right now. It's also made me question our programs a bit. Not that what we're doing is bad but is it creating dependence, is it sustainable, if it is not all sustainable...is that bad. In this changing world, is support from the United States the way forward? What about the Asian church and the European Church? I have many questions and it feels like its all too much to just answer. So, I will head for the mountain, I will head for the open spaces where simplicity and God reign. Oh, God reigns everywhere but in the open spaces I know in such greater clarity the sovereignty of God. I understand my place, God's place and the place of our problems/opportunities. I challenge you that reads this...find your place where you see and hear God clearly. Schedule your time there, get into the deep things in your heart and let God heal, guide, encourage and inspire you...that's what I'm doing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... it seems as though I got a little ahead of myself commenting on your last blog... I should have waited. What you said about getting alone with God has kindled in my heart again a desire to "go seek His face." It amazes me that where ever you are in this world... the challenges seem to remain "the same". The people different... the problems have different faces... but doesn't it come down to "trusting God... waiting on Him... resting in His righteousness... believe He was and is and always will be?... Only those who have been cleansed by His blood can take such courage in resting...
I leave you with this verse and pray that He gives you an extra measure of grace today as you are feeling weary and overwhelmed. Thank you for serving Him faithfully... it encourages me to do the same -- across the world away.
2 Corinthians 9:8
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."
Chelsey

Elina said...

Good luck with everything ;)