Monday, January 25, 2010

2005 Journal

Found this journal entry from 2005...kind says what was on my heart before Africa. My time in Swaziland reaffirmed my belief that true change cannot be legislated or argued. Transformation is from God, change happens inside out....let me know your thoughts, enjoy:


3/6/2005 - Journal Entry from Senior Year of College


"Just finished watching motor cycle diaries and I feel struck by the story told. I can't help but feel a connection and affinity for Ernesto 'Che' Guevara and his yearning for a revolution. I am struck with another thought though, that his energy was wasted by trying to fight injustice through social and political channels. I believe that the revolution needs to be God. The only thing that can right this world is God himself. Jesus Christ was a revolutionary of his time and continues to be today. If I ever want to do anything to better the world it is to bring the Good News to the nations. Lord, help me not to get caught in the Villanova and COS bubble. Lord, help me ot be passionate about changing the world, hep me to bring you into the world. God I pray that you change me in a revolutionary way and that your love will overflow out of me into other people. Clear my mind and empty me of all that is unnecessary...then fill me up with your Spirit. Lord, I offer myself as your hands and feet. Ready me to serve you in Africa but also in all the days of my life."

6 comments:

merrill5 said...

good stuff Pat, I know that feeling well.
To many times though have I said "I willing to do what ever you want Lord.".... I'm always kinda surprised when he takes me up on that offer.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

The Schimmels said...

Amazing Pat. Mike and I had a LONG car ride back home to VA after Christmas and I have been meaning to write you. We both agreed....if there was one thing that we honestly wished for our baby boy...it was to raise him to grow up to be like you! We are so inspired by you. Your faith is so amazing, and your love for God just radiates through you. We could just tell that you were in such a special place, and we can only pray that our son one day finds that same peace and joy. We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Chainsaw Zen

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Crawling Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Instantly Find High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software & Download Them at Alarming Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I about the brief should prepare more info then it has.