Monday, August 28, 2006

I’ve found myself recently experiencing various events that lead me to believe that God is about to bring revival, restoration and healing to the land of Swaziland. The past two nights I’ve gone to a Meat for Men’s conference at a local church called Christian Life Center. They’ve brought in speakers from all over Africa and have one from Brooklyn, NY. These have been strong sessions where the word has been preached. The second night though, oh man did it have the flavor of God, it was tasty, it was God speaking truth through these men. The first guy was from South Africa and he talked specifically to Africans. He talked about the choices we make, how they don’t just effect us but they effect our seed…the generations to come. It was powerful…the second guy talked about adultery. Talk about a great subject for Swaziland…it was straight, it was powerful, it was from God. This dude from New York laid it down and spoke about how adultery tears things apart…he cited that even a terminal illness can bring together a family but adultery by its nature is destructive. He talked about how nations rise & fall on the strength of their families…a word for Swaziland yes, but man does America need to hear that too?? When I was at school in Florida I was the only one of my group of friends whose parents were still together. The pain and wounds in their lives can all be traced back to their broken homes…oh that God would guide us and that we would guard ourselves in that area. Lean on each other….I could type much, much more but I won’t because I couldn’t do it justice. I sat in church for 5 ½ hours and was fully engaged and into it the whole time…nuff said baby! This nation is changing, children’s cup is changing, my life is changing….oh that I would prepare myself and be prophetic in my prayers…pray over stuff before it happens, not reactionary but proactionary (yeah not sure that’s a real word, but hey)

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

amen

Anonymous said...

"pray over stuff before it happens", eh?... my mom and i were talking about that the other day...and i think it is right on. (we cannot seem to get away from this message). anyway, i read about about that a few months ago and to sum it up: obviously God has the ability to do anything, but our vision is too small and we don't ask. instead we should declare God's favor over our lives, country, etc., and keep expanding the vision & stop putting human parameters/restrictions on how much God can bless us/change situations.