Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lately...

So, what’s been going on you ask. Well we had a couple of days off because of the Reed Dance and everybody headed out of town except me. I had things I need to prepare for and just really felt that God wanted me to stay put. Well, that Monday when everyone left I was pretty sick and then for half of the day Tuesday I was sick too. I didn’t really move out of bed so I did finish a 550 page book in two days though. I swear if you ever want to do something the next day, don’t pick up a Robert Ludlum book. Can’t put em down, its kind of like the TV series 24, or Pringles potato chips….once you pop, you can’t stop…Good entertainment books, good for Swaziland, gets your mind off of the problems.
So anyways, on Thursday we held a soccer tournament for our Carepoints and some other U-13 & U-15 teams. It was a good time as we had over 200 boys show up and play. It was hectic trying to transport them all around and feed them but overall it was a success. Our whole aim of the tournament was to keep the boys busy during the school holidays. We held the tournament at the end of the school holidays so the boys were busy preparing over the whole holiday time, 3 weeks.
Next up on Friday and Saturday we had a teachers training. We talked about the start of the new school term but the main point of the training was to introduce them to our Child Leadership program. Three children from each Carepoint will participate in our DYNAMIC program. Every other week they will come to meet with Auntie Gugu for training & classes on leadership. The DYNAMIC program’s aim is to help these children become servant leaders and increase their basic understanding of the Christian faith. It’ll be a fun & exciting adventure as we try to unroll this new program. I think its impact could be amazing so please be praying with us for our DYNAMICS!!!
Oh and on Sunday I got whooped by an old guy in Tennis, eish, maybe I shouldn’t have shared that one…oh well?

- Kristen teaching a dance/drama to our teachers


- Some of the boys at the soccer tournament
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat-So busy lah! Mom is worried if you can take time to travel anytime in Oct/Nov with all your visitors and the stadium gig. If only after then we are bumping up against your return. Check it out and advise. And where were the lines on that pitch...?