Monday, October 02, 2006

My Brothers, Sisters

I felt while praying the other day that these guys, the Swazis are truly my brothers and sisters. I felt like we were one, of one human race, truly family. I had one other instance since I’ve been in Swaziland where I truly felt this. I’ve always kind of felt foreign or out of place but God revealed his heart for the people here that we are all sons and daughters of God. While I knew this truth in my mind, it was only this past weekend and that one other time that I felt that with my heart. So, I don’t know what this means other than I should embrace others because I only have so much time on this earth and what is the use of holding back. I don’t want to be careful anymore, I just want to live life and live it on the edge, truly making the most of every situation. To put my heart out there and connect, to give my love away, my affection away, to give my friendship away, to give my deep heart away, no more surface level friendships, relationships, I only want the deep stuff, Lord have grace on me as I try to transition to this deeper way of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrick: As I read your blog, my heart was filled with the love you feel for these people. God has you there because you have such a capacity for love. Not all have this capacity. You are so special and I am so glad that the Lord called you to Swaziland to be with Charles and Kristen as you all make a difference in the lives of so many of these little ones.