Thursday, December 14, 2006

Next 6 months or so







- These are the children I got to serve for 15 months!








I had a moment to think about what the next 6 months hold for me. It is a time of uncertainty and questions but surprisingly I am quite ok with that. I’ll be in Baton Rouge for about 6 months working part time as I travel around to raise some more support in order to get back to Africa for two years. I need to expand my support base, find churches who will support me and get individuals or groups who will be monthly supporters. Two years ago this would have been immensely intimidating but for some reason I have a quiet confidence about the whole thing. Then there are the questions of how to reconnect with old friends, how to forge new relationships, how to adjust to life back in Baton Rouge after about 6 years of being away. Once again I feel like God will take care of these things. I realize some of the adjustments will not always be easy but I know that God will walk with me. I look forward to the doors that open, to the people I’ll reconnect with and the people I will meet. My prayer in all of this is one thing, to know God more. I think I find God in change, whenever I’ve had a major change in my life, God becomes so real to me. I can’t wait to move to the next level with God, to move to a deeper level of intimacy, to be filled and to pour out. Pray with me as I embark on a journey of uncertainty with the certainty that God will walk me through. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat our prayers are with you always. Trust God to direct your steps. If it means more that 6 months away, God has a purporse for you.

Anonymous said...

Myself and Futhie are praying for you that God directs your steps.
Nathie
Children's Cup
Swaziland

Anonymous said...

"The only constant is change." Isn't that what makes life so interesting.

Holly said...

Wow, I'm so excited for you Pat! Call me soon....we must connect at Passion '07!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat,
Please know that your family in Africa loves you and miss you terribly.

Maybe I will get to see you when I'm in Baton Rouge.

ben

Anonymous said...

congratulations on Gods work well done. God will always be at your side. We are very proud of you. Aunt Mary ann