Friday, April 13, 2007

Chicago

God is faithful...I just got back from a short trip to Chicago. I was able to meet with the Missions board at South Park Church. It was a great meeting and they decided to partner with me in reaching out to a largely orphaned generation in Southern Africa.

I was also able to hang out with my Uncle Greg, Aunt Judy, Cousin Steve and his fiance Emilie. Check out Steve's blog as he chronicles his life and his journey towards marriage.



One more thing, I woke up the day after I arrived in Chicago to snow....snow....snow after Easter, and that is why I'm not sure if I'll ever live that far north again.

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

snow. pretty and lovely if you don't have to go out in it or shovel it.

why live in the cold north and freeze to death when you can live in louisiana and have air thick with humidity?

but then there is swaziland where you have little of either...

glad you are on the 'cup team, Pat.

Steve said...

See why wouldn't you want to live in Chicago where it snows after easter? This has been the 3rd longest snow season in Chicago's weather history. Pat it was great seeing you for just a little while. I am so happy that SPC has partnered with you and Children's Cup. I think i will have to start planning a trip for next year!