Thursday, August 30, 2007

Phephile & Nininnia

I spent yesterday with two precious little girls. I filmed Phephile and Nininnia in an attempt to truly capture their stories. I’m not going to go into details but both girls come from tough to terrible home situations. Volunteer cooks at two CarePoints brought Phephile’s and Nininnia’s situation to Cup’s attention. The girls now live with Miss Peggy, the teacher at our Murray Camp CarePoint. The girls now smile, giggle and talk. They carry a joy that wasn’t there before. They have hope and they know love!

I’m so glad that I get to do this. I am privileged to serve God and witness lives transformed. Check out pictures of these girls who are worth just as much to God as anyone else out there.

~Nininnia is on the left and Phephile is on the right

It’s about love, It’s about obedience, It’s about hope, It’s about justice, It’s about children, It’s about Jesus!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say Hello to Miss Peggy for me and tell her I think she is wonderful! She is being Jesus to those girls and His love changes people.

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick!
Hope all is well over there. K.I.A misses you here! I had a little girl who attended VBS ask me when the "Man from Africa" was going to come back and teach some more dances!!
Keep reaching for Jesus!!!

Jean Ohlerking said...

pat...thank you for this report. peggy is one of the most compassionate and loving teachers i have ever met. and i just love her! please give her special greetings for me. i'm not surprised that she has taken in these young girls--they will be blessed in many ways having miss peggy for a "mom."

~anj~ said...

Patrick!!! This is the best most encouraging post I have read all week! Know that many many prayers are coming your way! thank you for your obedience and love!

Anj

Jamie said...

That's awesome Patrick! I like how you said there is a joy that wasn't there before! That's awesome! Hey bruh, I'm going to have to try to post those videos from ccamp sometime soon... lol Take care, man, and I'll be praying for you!