Friday, March 30, 2007

Life...

Man, lately I've been trying to remind myself how special life is. In my head I know this to be true but it seemed as if I was willing time to pass quickly. I have not been treasuring moments, friends or family.

Well, I was reading the Rehmeyer's latest post and it hit me in the face what an idiot I've been. Life is a gift, life is special, people are special, we are special...made in his image. Read the post "Correspondance" on the Rehmeyer's Blog and pray for the Children's Cup team, the people of Africa and those in your own lives. Let's live life on purpose...lets not take for granted the experiences and people in our lives.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Pat,

First, awesome picture! I am positive that i will remember little moments like that for the rest of my life. Second I read the Rehmeyer's blog earlier today. That is just so hard. I remember meeting Pepe' for just that small amount of time. it was painful to see, but there was joy in her. I'm praying for the team and for Pepe' and Gods choice for her

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have been dealing with these questions/emotions myself (albeit totally different circumstances). I think it is a very difficult task to make your emotions and your intellect agree with each other when thinking about mortality. But as I was recently reminded, God is always faithful, even in times of adversity, even in times of overwhelming grief.