Monday, March 26, 2007

South Florida

I just got back from a good but very short trip to South Florida. I was able to meet with two great pastors while I was there. Pastor Travis Johnson is based in Homestead, FL where he guides the very diverse (28 nationalities) Life Pointe Church.

Later that day I was able to meet with Pastor Bob Franquiz who is leading Calvary Fellowship in Miami Lakes, FL.

It was an awesome opportunity to meet with these two creative Pastors. Pray for these guys as they minister in a tough spiritual environment. On an average Sunday less than 6% of the people in Miami area are in church. Life Pointe and Calvary Fellowship are both reaching out in dynamic ways which include having church in movie theaters. Below is a picture of the theater where Life Pointe meets.



On Saturday I was able to attend my cousin Meghan’s wedding. Meghan married Bill Koperski in a very surferesque ceremony. It was great seeing family and being able to share the special day with Meghan & Bill. Here is a picture of the parents on the dance floor! Check out Bruce aka Dad’s green coat...nice!!!




Finally in the midst of all this I was able to see my friend Ashi Mehrotra. I went to high school and college with Ashi. He’s like a third son and it was great having some time to catch up and hang out with him. He’s a busy first year law student at the University of Miami.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come your pictures aren't coming up? and what does 'surferesque' mean?
Amen to that "HIV and the Church" article!!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time getting to know you, Patrick...look forward to a partnership with you guys. Praying for you already.

To: Zinty

I think "surferesque" must mean that the wedding was on the beach and the attire was not formal. But, that's just a guess. I'll check back to see what Patrick says.

Patrick Conti said...

Zinty, yes surferesque means that it had a lot of surf culture aspects to it. The groom and groomsmen where all in flip flops. Instead of your traditional music there was a lot of Jack Johnson and Ben Harper during the ceremony. It would of been at the beach but Meghan, my cousin, thought that might be distracted so instead it was at a Japanese gardens. It was cool, it was surferesque