Wednesday, May 23, 2007

snippets

"Convenience has eclipsed commitment. Sticking to what we believe to be right is hard because change is normal today--and because few are able to endure what is inconvenient."
- Tim Elmore

This spoke to me, I think so often our society flakes out on commitments. Daran Rehmeyer put it another way when talking about courage, "Courage: the heart and willingness to do and say what is required when everything inside and outside screams for compromise."

Lets not compromise, lets not lose focus (man do I do this) and lets stay committed to building the Kingdom of God. If you are reading this don't really get the whole building the Kingdom of God thing then I encourage you to just live a life of commitment and develop an inner courage. Its biblical, its truth and man do I need this truth....do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay that rocked my socks off- both statements are so challenging. Thanks for sharing and the challenge lies ahead for all of our commitments to stay commitments> Rock on bro!